2218 Kausen Dr., Suite 130
Elk Grove, CA 95758
To improve outcomes and promote health in patients with chronic kidney disease as a part of an interdisciplinary team. To effectively communicate in both English and Spanish for optimal patient and family collaboration in treatment plans and goals, leading to patient outcomes.
||Family Nurse Practitioner, SUTTER MEDICAL GROUP
February 2014 - Present
Nurse Practitioner, OFFICE OF CAROL F. MILAZZO, MD
- Led outpatient primary care visits for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Involved EHR for communication with the team involved with a patient's care to improve outcomes.
- Used evidence-based research to guide treatment plans and interventions.
- Actively sought additional information from many resources to increase knowledge about complex subjects.
November 2013 - February 2014
Registered Nurse, DAVITA DIALYSIS
- Managed primary health care needs of pediatric patients (2 months to 18 years) during outpatient office visits.
- Analyzed all components of the history, exam, and applicable labs or imaging to safely arrive at a diagnosis.
- Focused on patient as well as family education in order to improve their participation in the treatment plan.
- Effectively communicated in Spanish with the predominantly Spanish-speaking population the office served.
July 2011 - Present
Associate, IN-N-OUT BURGER
- Managed health care needs of patients with ESRD on dialysis as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Performed periodic general assessments of patient's overall health status, as well as at each hemodialysis treatment for individual dialysis requirements and other acute complications or needs.
- Appropriately controlled emergent complications arising during hemodialysis treatments.
- Ensured effectively communication about follow-up needs with patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Educated patients and families about adheres to the care plan for success in health promotion (including attending all prescribed dialysis treatments, taking medications for blood pressure as prescribed, adhering to a renal diet, and limiting fluid intake.
- Supervised patient care technicians while initiating hemodialysis, monitoring patients during treatment, and appropriately managing complications.
May 2000 - November 2000; January 2001 - July 2005; February 2009 - February 2012
Teller, BANK OF AMERICA
- Performed food service tasks: responsible for cash accountability, costumer service, food preparation.
- Nominated for leadership classes put on by the company.
- Secured role as Safety Coordinator due to precise attention to detail.
February 2008 - January 2010
Microenterprise Development Consultant, PEACE COPRS BOLIVIA
- Assisted customers in managing classes put on by the company.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer service at the banking center.
August 2005 - November 2007
- Worked independently in a small, isolated community to organize and train community members in business skills in order to raise income levels.
- Coordinated a group of sixteen women to create an artisan cooperative, and secured markets in cities within Bolivia, gaining income for the families. Training for the group included grant writing, general accounting skills, product design, mathematics and customer relations.
- Provided health education on topics such as hand washing, water treatment, and sanitation in kitchen spaces.
- Led twelve women in managin a community vegetable garden, improving nturition directly in the community, also increasing income from sales of the harvest.
- Planned and executed Earth Day workshop for 65 children, which led to creation of an Environmental Club.
||California RN License #: 797427
California NP License #: 23123
Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner
Samuel Merritt University, Sacramento, CA;Graduation May 2013
Bachelor of Science in Management Science, minor in Sociology
University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA; Graduation Date March 2005
|Nurse Practitioner Student Clinical Experience:
||Nephrology - 150 hours
Nikki Love, FNP; Capital Nephrology Medical Group; Sacramento, CA
January 2013 - May 2013
Primary Care - 195 hours
- Monitored renal function, assessed for causes of deviations in function, and focused on prevention of deterioration of function, including patient education.
- Assisted with management of patients recieving in-center hemodialysis.
- Attended multidisciplinary care conferences for patients on hemodialysis and home peritoneal dialysis.
Rebecca Owen, FNP; Midtown Medical Center; Sacramento, CA
October 2012 - May 2013
Pedriatrics - 231 hours
- Participated in the management of acute illnesses and chronic conditions (including the acute presentation) in pediatric, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Interpreted lab results and initiated or adjusted therapies in response to the patient's clinical condition.
Dr. Carol Milazzo, MD, Pedriatrician; Rosevillw, CA
June 2012 - December 2012
- Strengthened clinical histtory taking and physical exam skills with pedriatric patients.
- Effectively evaluated a patient's presenting condition and preferred to other disciplines as required.
- Established rapport with patients and their family members in English and Spanish by promoting honesty, and incorprating their cultures, viewpoints, and wishes.
|Professional Development / Certifications:
- American Heart Association BLS - Health Care Provider Certification
September 2019 expiration
- Introducing to 12-lead EKG Course
- Peace Corps Training, Bolivia
August 2005 - November 2005
- Training in small business and community development, program planning, Spanish and culture.
- Public Health Nurse, State of California
October 2018 expiration
- American Nephrology Nurse's, Association Member
July 2014 expiration
- CA Board of Registered Nursing Furnishing Number
October 2014 expiration
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners FNP Certification
August 2018 expiration
|Activities and Honor:
- Teacher's Assitant, Pathophysiology/Pharmacology Course
Samuel Merritt University
- Student Mentor
Samuel Merritt University
- Provost's Honors
University of California San Diego
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau
International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member of California Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Fluent in Spanish